Thursday, December 14, 2006

Salman Rushie's son reveals dad's secrets

Asian News International

New York, December 13, 2006

When it comes to scoring with the ladies, Zafar Rushdie believes he has the most irresistible weapon – his famous father Salman Rushdie.

The 27-year old revealed that though most kids would not want to be seen anywhere near their parents during a night out, he goes out of his way to be seen with his author father.

The reason – it saves him a lot of time when it comes to impressing the ladies, for his father is always surrounded by beautiful women.

"Most people who go to a party with their parents try to run away from them. Not me. If I want to meet girls, I just stand near him," the New York Post quoted Zafar, as telling London's Sunday Times.

"All the beautiful women want to talk to Dad, so I stand close and bask in the sunlight. Beauty loves brains," he added.

However, once he has managed to charm women, Zafar doesn't turn to his father for advice, for Rushdie doesn't quite approve of the way his son's relationships never last for long.

"I don't consult him on my girlfriends. He doesn't like the fact that my relationships don't last long. But I'm not convinced he's necessarily the best person to give relationship advice," Zafar revealed.

Zafar also opened up about the fatwa that followed the release of Rusdie's novel "The Satanic Verses" - which prompted death threats from Iran's rulers over its alleged "blasphemy" of Islam in 1988.

He revealed that though the whole experience of having the police around him 24/7 had been fun, it was soon lost in the sinister threat that was always lurking.

"The fatwa was fun for me at first. I was 9, and I came home one day to find police in the house. It was really cool to be around these big guys with guns. But I soon found out enough to realize there was a big deal going on, and it wasn't good . . . I'd answer the phone and this voice would say: 'We've got your number. We know where you are and we're going to come and kill you' . . . I lost my childhood innocence early," Zafar added.

No comments:

Live TV Online - Free

Free Online Games

Celeb World / Published News

THATSi / Published News